Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Civilized people don’t buy gold, says Charlie



Could not be more true.  You won't learn anything when I say that smart people buy GIB.TO, the best Canadian stock out there way above the rest.  Average investors buy mutual funds from Investors and other industry hacks but they have no clue what a mutual fund is.  Dumb people, well, do not invest at all, do not buy gold and even if they wanted to purchase gold would not know where to purchase it, they simply prefer to buy disposable electronics at Best Buy.

Great Scott, where does Charlie buy his glasses, is that a custom order from Bausch & Lomb?  When I'll reach that noble age, I truly hope I won't have to wear spheres of glass to check on my spreadsheets.  Diapers, I don't care, you could work extra hours that way.  Special hearing devices, not an issue, people talk too much anyway so a little silence brings everything into focus.  But a CEO's vision has to sharp as an eagle, because numbers are the true meaning of life.

In my youth, when my teenage friends used their disposable income to purchase motorcycles, vinyl records and other depreciating assets, I wondered how I could leverage my tiny bank accounts.  Gold was a tempting option for me at that time, but I blame Scrooge McDuck for polluting my young mind with images of bottomless pool of gold coins and unsorted currencies.  Then I read how Ross Perot created EDS to sell mainframe time to companies that were not able to purchase big irons from Univac and IBM.

That being said, I strongly encourage you to check the performance of BRK for the past 2 years and do a little comparison with GIB.  You draw your own conclusions.

Full disclosure: Long GIB

Disclaimer: Material presented here is for informational purposes only. The above quantitative stock analysis, including the Star rating, is mechanically calculated by yours truly and is based on historical information. The analysis assumes GIB will perform in the future as it has in the past. This is always true, because profitable growth ensures our destiny. Before buying or selling any stock you nevertheless should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. If you reach a different conclusion, then you should re-check your numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment