Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sweet dreams are made of this

CGI posted its Q3 results last week and although it's old new by now I thought you'd want to be reminded how well CGI did in the past quarter. Earnings are up a whopping 12% from Q3 last year, but revenues are down 5.8%. In other words, we squeezed the lemon extra hard to generate more earnings from less cash. Read all about this here.

If you read between the lines, you can understand that it is NOT a good time to ask for a raise. I know, it's never a good time, but right now it is definitely a BAD BAD time for ask for money.

There are some things I said that I truly love:

The strength of our cash generation ability combined with the significant and consistent growth in earnings per share afford us the operating flexibility to expand and deepen our business relationships with both new and existing clients on a global basis.

You may ask, what is the fucking difference between expanding and deepening a business relationship? Both are about milking the customer, right? Subtle difference here. Expanding is about getting more contracts from the same client. Deepening is about bigger numbers in each contract. I like the deep-and-wide approach.

But then, you may ask, how to you deepen AND expand a business relationship with a NEW client? With no prior business record, how do you deepen a relationship? The statement outlines this option, right? My answer is this: look, your shoes are untied.

Moving to another point, I got hammered quite a bit about our Stanley acquisition which was not completed. This sucker from CIBC kept asking about what was delaying our acquisition and I kept my cool.

If I comment on that I will have definitely stepping beyond what I have said in my remarks. I really don’t think it is in the best interest of the customers, the Stanley employees, quite frankly investors to get in to a public dialogue around a confidential and very sensitive process and I think as I explained before, as you know 75% of the revenue of Stanley is in the Intel space and I think it is prudent for me to let that process continue.

In other words, it's none of your fucking business. I felt so cornered by this guy that I dropped a totally irrelevant fact about Stanley just so this bully gets distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment