Thursday, November 26, 2009

Can our stock go even higher?

I overheard a conversation at the sandwich shop where I usually go on week-ends, two guys were discussing the CGI share price. One said really excited and thought that GIB could reach $20 by mid-2010. In the midst of all the bad news going on the market CGI was, quote: a rock solid foundation. I almost hugged him, but I didn't. Swine flu concerns.

His friend was a bit more pessimistic. His argument was that the CGI stock price got inflated following the acquisition of EDS by HP, then Perot by Dell and then ACS by the copier company. If CGI goes through 2010 without any major acquisition - or being acquired - the share could dip below $10. Analysts want excitement, they want to see real growth.

So I left the sandwich shop with mixed feelings about how well is CGI is perceived by outsiders. If only they could see what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment